At 3i Financial, confidentiality involves protecting your personal financial information and it is of utmost importance to us.
We recognize that confidentiality is integral to building long-term relationships with our clients, employees, and business partners.
In diligently carrying out our role as your trusted advisor, part of our duty is to obtain as much information as we can in regards to your personal and financial situation so that we can tailor a financial plan to meet your goals and manage any risks that you may be exposed to. As a result, obtaining personal financial information is fundamental to our financial planning process. Our Corporate Privacy Principles have been established to govern our actions as they relate to collecting, usage, retention, and disclosure of your financial information.
3i Financial is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your personal and financial information at all times. As part of our commitment, 3i Financial has established Ten Privacy Principles, which have been built after reviewing the values set by the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information (http://www.csa.ca/Default.asp?language=english) and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (http://privcom.gc.ca/legislation/02_06_01_e.asp), and to govern all of our actions as they relate to the use of client information.
Corporate Privacy Principles:
1. Accountability: We are responsible for personal information under our control. We have designated individuals who are responsible for monitoring our ongoing compliance with these Corporate Privacy Principles.
2. Identifying Purpose: The purpose for which personal financial information is collected will be identified to you.
3. Consent: Your consent is required for the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. The only exceptions to this rule would be those as set out by the law. Your consent may be expressed in writing, verbally, or electronically.
4. Limiting collection: The collection of your personal information must be by lawful means and be limited only to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
5. Limiting use, disclosure, and retention: Your personal information may only be used for the purposes for which it was collected, other purposes you may consent to, or as required by the law. Your personal information will only be kept for as long as is necessary to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
6. Accuracy: Any personal information we collect from you must be accurate, complete, and as up-to-date as possible.
7. Safeguards: Your personal information will remain protected by stringent security safeguards in order to prevent unwanted release or misuse.
8. Openness: Information about our policies and procedures for handling your personal information will be made available to you.
9. Individual access: Upon written request, you will be informed about the existence, use, and any disclosure of your personal information. In addition, you will be given access to this information. You may also verify the accuracy and completeness of your information and request amendments or updates at any time.
10. Inquiries and concerns: You may contact us anytime if you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies and procedures and we will respond back to you in a timely manner.